WELCOME FROM THE SUPERINTENDENT
Welcome to Pettisville Schools. We are pleased you have chosen to visit our web site. Pettisville is a small district covering thirty-four square miles in central Fulton County, Ohio and serves the unincorporated communities of Pettisville and Tedrow.
Pettisville has a PK-12 student population of approximately 530 students of which over 40% come from area school districts through open enrollment. Our OE percentage has traditionally ranked in the top ten in the state of Ohio and has steadily grown over the years.
We are blessed with a dedicated staff and outstanding students who seek to excel.
- We have earned the “excellent” ranking for the nine final consecutive years that the award was given and twelve overall.
- Our “Performance Index” was the best in the four county area the for 9 consecutive years between 2006 and 2014.
- In 2005, Pettisville HighSchool was one of 38 schools in the nation in be awarded a Blue Ribbon by the U.S. Department of Education.
- In 2006, Pettisville Elementary School was named a “School of Distinction”.
- Pettisville High School has been named a U.S. News and World Report Silver Medal School for 2015 and 2016
A lot has been happening at Pettisville in the past few years. In 2011, the district opened an all-new PK-12 building, rated LEED Gold, with daylighting in the high school, geothermal heating and cooling, and features many other energy saving features. The school includes many design elements patterned after the 1929 original building, and a small theatre that can be expanded into a full feature auditorium capable of seating 600.
In February of 2012 the student atrium was opened, funded by the Pettisville School Foundation. The atrium provides a student union type atmosphere for students to congregate, wait for rides, or study. The atrium, along with entire school—offers wireless access.
Since 2013, a school owned Aeronautica 750 kW wind turbine has generated enough power to meet all of the electric needs of the district and qualify the district as a “net zero energy site.” In the summer of 2014, the “south fields project” was opened, including three ball fields and a soccer field.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions or suggestions you may have regarding our school.