BUILDINGS & PROPERTY
SQUARE FOOTAGE - 2011 NEW SCHOOL
Total Square Feet
SQUARE FOOTAGE - PREVIOUS
Total Square Feet
Gym Sq Ft
New 2011 Building
November, 2008 $4,830,000 Bond Issue
82% State Match
.5 Mill Continuing Perm Impr/ Maint
Incl $976,106 LFI
7.36 Bond 28 Years
Locally Funded Budget (LFI)
LFI Funds From Bond Issue
Transfer from PI Fund
Estimated Interest Earnings
Resources for LFIs
Items Less Than $2,000
Button Up of Old Building
PI Dollars & Arbitrage
Under Budget (Jan 2012 Estimate)
Total Under Budget
Co Funded Project
Savings From Law Change
Old Rank # 237 (39% Local Share)
New Rank # 110 (18% Local Share)
Local Cost Savings
9.04% Under Budget
PREPARING FOR OUR FUTURE ...
HONORING OUR HERITAGE 2011 BUILDING
Remained on current site because “That is where school is in Pettisville.”
All signage patterned after 1929 entrance.
Entrances patterned after 1929 Entrance
Limestone mastheads present gymnasium, theatre, High School, & elementary patterned after 1929 entrance masthead
15 diamond rectangle brickwork patterned after those on 1929 building
Basket-weave brickwork patterns are similar to the 1929 building
Ceramic wainscoting in all hallways contains a discrete gold and black line to honor the school colors and accent.
ATRIUM — A PROJECT OF THE PETTISVILLE SCHOOL FOUNDATION
Solid wood from giant walnut tree on playground
Chandelier white globes from old school
Original stone rosettes included in Atrium
Atrium entrance replicates 1929 entrance
Murals in Atrium designed by art students depict previous district schools
Actual “Pettisville School” and “1929” masthead relocated to interior of Atrium
All class pictures are displayed in “The Gallery,” the hall east of the JH gym.
Cubic Feet Water
Cubic Yards Water
Acre Feet of Water
North Site Total
South Lot (Across D)
Total Site Parking
North Site: EW: 730 NS: 620
Total Owned Land
Aeronautica 750 kWh Turbine
State Capital Budget
Alt: Ice Sensor
Plus $75,000 Environ Assessment Grant
Bowling Green and Pettisville/Archbold Compared
Total Tower Height
Electricity for X Homes
BG Each (4)
SEEK GOLD LEED® RATING
Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design
LEED® is an internationally recognized green building certification system, providing verification that a building was designed and built using strategies aimed at improving performance across all the metrics that matter most: energy savings, water efficiency, CO2 emissions reduction, Improved indoor environment quality, stewardship of resources and sensitivity to their impacts. LEED Certified, Silver, Gold, and Platinum are awarded based on the total number of points earned within each category.
Energy efficient building
Geothermal Heating and Cooling; Pond serves as energy exchange source
High school features “daylighted” classrooms
Elementary wing constructed with ICFs (Insulated Concrete Forms) for walls
Solar hot water pre-heating
“Sunscreens” on south facing windows
Selection of safe building materials
Groundbraking & Test Tower Instalation
$750,000 ARRA Grant
Sept 16, 2009
Nov 30, 2009
BUILDING / SITE HIGHLIGHTS
Hallways are locally funded terrazzo patterned after, but not the same as, the 1929 building.
Ceramic tile in halls includes school colors in accent stripe
Solid wood is utilized throughout the building in the chair rail, cabinetry, and trim.
Limestone mastheads are patterned after the original school entrance to present areas of high school, elementary, gymnasium, theatre, and atrium.
The distinctive shape of the 1929 main entrance duplicated many times …
Entrances, Interior signage, Exterior directional signage, Main school sign
Outdoor areas include …
• 1.6 acre pond used for geothermal heat exchange
• Nature area to east of pond
• Athletic fields for softball, baseball, and soccer
• 750 kW wind turbine
• Elementary PE area to north of school
Gymnasiums seating 1,300 and 1,200
Theatre seating 200 expandable to auditorium seating 570
CareerTech agriculture lab with greenhouse and aquaculture lab. Classroom includes computer lab and set-up lab.
High school features daylighting, adjustable lighting levels
Labs includes two science, family consumer sciences, production lab for publications
1,800 square foot Fitness center
“Old” offices will house offices for psychologist, speech pathologist, other special education specialists, and an office for the Pettisville School Foundation.
Of the eight classrooms retained in the former elementary, two will be set up as classrooms for future need, two are assigned as storage rooms, one is a janitor work area with overhead door, and the final three will be used for a fitness center with access to the junior high gym.
All offices, including secretarial, principals, superintendent, treasurer, counselors, and director of athletics are located in one area with adjacent conference rooms.
The “PETTISVILLE SCHOOL” masthead and “1929” are originals from the 1929 building. This masthead is replicated throughout the new building as well as in the “Welcome to Pettisville Schools” that appears on west side of the walkway.
Solid walnut is from the tree that stood in the playground at the end of the basketball court. The wood was dried and milled by King Lumber.
The rosettes on the walkway are from the front of the 1929 building. They were located over the diamond brickwork pattern.
The two south wall areas framed by limestone will have ceramic murals of old school scenes created by Mrs. Joyce Nafziger and the PHS Art Department.
The walkway joins the second floor high school with the study hall and computer labs in the north wing.
The Atrium is outfitted with furniture funded by the Meister Fund.
The concession stand will have cabinets and countertop installed on the back wall. A video monitor will be located inside the stand to monitor game progress.
Concession stand floor is 6” higher than Atrium due to grade difference between buildings.
Three video monitors are in corners of the main area. One will show the upper east side of the parking lot so that students can see when their ride arrives.
The recessed lights in the east atrium are low energy using LEDs.
Donations are still being accepted. Approximately $65,000 remains to be raised
Heritage Park is the name of the entrance area to the west of the Atrium.
The chandelier and exterior sconces (at each side of the Atrium entrance) were created by Mike Bendele, former blacksmith at Sauder Village. The chandelier features lighting fixtures from the 1929 building.
Masonry pedestals at the entrance display the names of the Atrium 272 donors.
• A clock is mounted on the south base
• A school bell, displayed in the front lawn for many years, is mounted on the north base.
Exterior benches are located in the Heritage Park. One was purchased by 2010-11 fourth graders in memory of classmate Abigail Yoder.
ATRIUM SQUARE FOOTAGE
Second Floor Walkway
2,055 Square Feet
83 Square Feet
708 Square Feet